If you have been following us for some time now, you probably would have heard us say that the main goal of social media should be to build relationships with your customers and potential customers first before thinking about making sale! Through building authentic relationships, you get to know what your potential customers need, and they also get to know and trust you. This is what will lead to long-term, profitable business relationships which involve selling your products or services. Ideally, that’s how to go about it so you won’t appear salesy and desperate.
With that said, there are also few ways you can use social media to directly sell your products or services. Here are 3 BIG tips on social media selling ideas for small businesses; some of which can lead to sales sooner than you think!
Selling with Graphics:
Posting images are sure – hands down – the best way to get engagement on social media. So, why not use them to increase sales WITHOUT being pushing or salesy? You can achieve that with the help of the following, such as:
- Product features: Show off the features of your product in a graphical format, rather than just listing them out.
- Promo codes: Create an eye-catching stunning graphic announcing a discount or coupon code and post it to your audience.
- Graphic based contests: Use an image to promote a contest, or ask your fans or followers to submit their own photos.
- Infographics: Use infographics to present valuable information to your followers, and keep your brand first of mind.
Selling with Instagram
When you hear the phrase ‘selling on social network’, chances are Instagram isn’t the first social network that comes to mind. But there are actually businesses that are using the platform as their main source of generating sales. Here are some ways to do that:
- Show off your product for increased exposure: If you have a small Instagram following, ask a more influential Instagrammer to help promote your products to increase your exposure.
- Promotion: Run some ads and target your audience specifically.
Here is recent report by ‘fashionista.com’ on ‘the elements that helps with sales on Instagram’. The study identified five elements that increase an Instagram photo’s power to inspire an eventual purchase. They are as follows:
- Use high levels of yellow or blue color on your images
- Use longer captions
- Avoid using question marks or exclamation points
- Don’t use filters
- Infrequent posters with high follower counts tend to sell more
If you are lready using intagram to promote your product or service, you just need to tweak it to reflect the findings above. But if you are not already, you need to start using to promote your product and services.
Use video to showcase your products or services
You don’t have to have a big budget to create a simple, effective video you can share on social media. Create a video that demonstrates how to use your product, or that shows off its features and benefits like the example above. You could also produce a simple tutorial that helps your customers and potential customers with a common problem.
Videos are a great way to show off your business or products in a non-threatening, ‘non-salesy’ way that often gets your followers responding and interacting.
So, create a humorous or entertaining video that has the potential to go viral for your products or services and share on social media networks.
Alright! We’ve basically come to the end of this post, but let me share one more point with you as bonus.
4. One stop solution for your customers.
You’re more likely to gain new customers by establishing trust and building relationships over a period of time. The best way to do this is to be a ‘one stop solution’ for your target audience. Provide information or solution on the entire life cycle of your target audience.
When you provide useful information, you get to build trust and authority. Whenever your followers need the type of your product or service, you’ll be the first one that comes to mind.
Okey! It’s awesome having you here. We’ve come to the end of this post. I’d love to hear your thought on this post, please feel free to share them with us below in the comment area.
Want more social media tips for your small business?
If you’re not fully leveraging the power of social media for your business, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Most businesses are still yet to figure it out.
Let’s focus on Facebook for now…
One fast way to know the right kind of posts to put up on Facebook to get your audience engaging with you is by using the 9 Killer Facebook Posts Ideas eBook. I have put it up for you here.